loren Eric Swanson: Serendipitious Discovery of $62 Million Dollars

Friday, March 23, 2007

Serendipitious Discovery of $62 Million Dollars


For the past two days I've retreated to the cabin in the woods to make progress on my dissertation. During this time I have been working on the penultimate chapter of the dissertation where research findings are graphed, charted and analyzed. Gary Dungan, my personal assistant at Leadership Network who refers to himself as a SHERPA (Servant-hearted, enthusiastic, resourceful personal assistant), has been of incredible help transforming quantitative data into pie charts and graphs.


One of my best discovery is that the thirty-three churches in my study, which came from the first three Externally Focused Leadership Communities, together, since 2003 have given
3,463,003 hours of service to the community, which translates to an economic value of $62,268,466! Amazing isn't it?

3 Comments:

At Friday, March 23, 2007 7:13:00 PM, Blogger Andy McCullough said...

From the one who orginated the acronym SHERPA. I need to remind you that the "E" is really (emotionally dependent). I should know I modeled that when you were my Director and I was your SHERPA in Greeley.

 
At Saturday, March 31, 2007 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those numbers are truly amazing and praise God for SHERPA's!

robert
www.jazztheologian.typepad.com

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:22:00 PM, Blogger Jeff Hetschel said...

wow, that is some amazing change. Eric was (just wondering) the conbined budgets of those churchs are? I think these External Churchs have the best community outreach going, bar none, better than some city agencies whos "job" it is to care. That is an amazing number. I am writting about your book for my Missional Church class at Bakke right now. I have been thinking about your three circles and what benefit there is for each circle to worth with the other circle. Money is a real benefit. Great work Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home