loren Eric Swanson: A Little Cabin in the Woods--Day 3

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Little Cabin in the Woods--Day 3


Just finishing up my third sequestered day in this beautiful 500 sf cabin near Estes Park. Today I submitted the first draft of four chapters of my required seven chapters so I am making some progress. The cabin is a great environment for contemplation and concentrated work. Yesterday, something caught my eye and I looked out the window to see two deer grazing a few feet from me. (Look closely at the picture)Last night I put my coat on and sat out on the deck and stared at the sky that sparkled with majesty. "The heavens declare the glory of God." The cabin has a very comfortable Murphy bed and a small wood stove to take the edge off the morning and evening chill. I brought my Bose IPod deck so can listen to tunes when I choose. At the moment I'm listening to Jeckyl and Hyde--a play Andy, Jeff and I saw on Broadway several years ago. Brings back good memories of being in New York! I do miss Liz but can I say if one is to be alone, this is the place to be. I'll enclose a couple of pictures that capture my experience. I'll spend one more full day here tomorrow before going to Wheaton Illinois on Friday.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:31:00 PM, Blogger Andy McCullough said...

Looks like you have better accomdations than Paul had when he wrote. :) Look forward to hearing your latest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home