loren Eric Swanson: Beautiful Wedding

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Beautiful Wedding





Saturday was one of the very best and absolutely funnest days of my life. All I can say is Wow! I got to walk my beautiful daugheter down the aisle and then change places with my son, Andy, who did the opening remarks, and then I got to perform the ceremony (This is the view I got to as I performed the ceremony!) Our son Jeff (the one who returned from Iraq) sang a song called "Wedding Song for my Sister" that he wrote for this occassion.

Sometimes during times like this, there is so much adrenelin present that one does not remember much of the occassion (Erik admitted that he did not hear a word I said during the ceremony, for instance. Not so with me. I was totally "in the moment" as I believe Kacey was. I got a bit choked up a couple of times but made it through everything. We kept saying to each other, "This is soooo fun!" The only glitch in the ceremony was when I presented them to the audience and I said, Ladies and gentlemen, I have the pleasure of presenting to you...for the very first time....Mr. and Mrs. Kacey Olson!" (Instead of Mr. & Mrs Erik Olson) Was it an accident, a Freudian slip or said on purpose?

2 Comments:

At Sunday, May 28, 2006 5:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beeeeeeep! Congratulations!

 
At Friday, June 02, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the "fun-est" days of my life, too. Liz, Kacey, Natalie, Ashleigh were beautiful!!!! All the fun. Thanks for one of the days that was "a time of my life."

Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home