loren Eric Swanson: J. E. Appleseed Praise Music

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

J. E. Appleseed Praise Music

We just had a great day on the Island of Iona in the Hebrides (Scotland). We got back from a long bus ride and a couple of ferry crossings and sat down to a lovely (as they say here) dinner. When it came time to have a blessing over the meal, our Scottish leader suggested we sing a short praise song before the meal. And what did he pick?

Oh, the Lord's been good to me. Here's a picture of Don Wilcox putting on Appleseed headgear.

And so I thank the Lord

For giving me the things I need:

The sun, the rain and the appleseed;

Oh, the Lord's been good to me.


Oh, and every seed I sow

Will grow into a tree.

And someday there'll be apples there

For everyone in the world to share.

Oh, the Lord is good to me.


Oh, here I am 'neath the blue, blue sky

Doing as I please.Singing with my feathered friends

Humming with the bees.I wake up every day,

As happy as can be,

Because I know that with His care

My apple trees, they will still be there.

The Lord's been good to me.


I wake up every dayAs happy as can be,

Beacuse I know the Lord is there

Watchin' over all my friends and me

The Lord is good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home