loren Eric Swanson: Ode to the Balboa Bar

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ode to the Balboa Bar

Yesterday after I got my work done I strolled down Newport Beach--one of the all-time great spots in the world and bought a Balboa Bar. It is the very best ice-cream bar on the planet--even surpassing the Magnum.




Ode to the Balboa Bar





I think that I shall never taste

A treat that so quickly goes to waist.


A bar whose chocolate coating be

Like chopped peanut bark on a vanilla tree;


A bar that lies frozen all day long,


Until $2.75 liberates it--can that be wrong?


Then dipped in chocolate and pressed in nuts,

the best treat ever, no ifs or buts;


People come from near and far,

To savor the one and only Balboa Bar.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:48:00 PM, Blogger Karl Mueller said...

I find it difficult to believe that any ice cream could be better than a Magnum. I've had Magnums in Central America, Central Europe, Germany and Africa -- and they are simply the best (in the infamous words of Tina Turner).

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Jessica Bott said...

Eric, I loved the poem. I laughed out loud and shared it with a couple of the staff up here in Vail. :) Hoping you and Liz are doing well today!

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Bill Petro said...

There is nothing to compare with this So Cal (but not LowCal) treat. Freshly customized for your enjoyment.

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2024 10:42:00 PM, Anonymous Carlease Brokerny said...

Hello matte great blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home